The Bay of Plenty Junior 900 Series is a group of tournaments played in one day at various clubs around the Bay. It’s a great way to introduce new players to competition, give established juniors regular matches, and instill the values and expectations on our new players.
The constant feedback we get around Junior 900 events is that the kids love them because they can play in a non-intimidating environment, and parents love them because they are all done in one day! It is about growing our game and providing a great vehicle for our kids to ‘get the bug’. Kids will not be charged an entry fee for the series.
2020 Series Details:
The HEAD Junior 900 Series 2020 starts in May, with the first event being hosted by Devoy Squash & Fitness. Please ensure you enter early to avoid disappointment.
- Open to Junior players 900 points & below as at 1 May 2020
- Possible Mixed Draws (separate girls draws where possible)
- Entry fee for each event $10. No entry fee for series
- Players will be given points for entering and winning matches.
- A leaderboard will be kept by Squash BOP, and the top kids at the end of the series will be given prizes based on their best 5 results
- At the end of each event the host club will nominate two players who have demonstrated good behaviour both on and off the court for the ‘Best & Fairest’. At the end of the series $100 coaching scholarships will be drawn from all the nominees
Tournament entered 10 points
Match won 1 point
Division won 2 points
2019 Series Report
The 2019 HEAD Junior 900 Series has been a ripper this year! 9 events, over 100 kids, 436 entries, and a whole lot of fun! The last event was held at Devoy Squash, and it was a fantastic occasion. The series points table has been hotly contested this year, and it came down to the last match to decide who would round out the top 5 and grab the major HEAD prizes.
The leaderboard was dominated by one player. Nuvraan Kaur (Devoy) played every single event, and won every one of her matches finishing with the maximum possible points. An amazing achievement which has never been done before in this series. She has improved a whopping 715 points this season so far!
During the series, players were nominated as 'best & fairest' for behaviour and attitude. Each of the nominees got a small prize, and went into the draw to win a $100 coaching scholarship from Squash BOP. The lucky winner this year was Sophie Jensen from Te Puke.
Massive thanks to the clubs that hosted each event, and of course to our wonderful sponsor HEAD. Looking forward to next years series!
Taupo - April 14 - 21 entries
Katikati - May 12 - 37 entries
Geyser - June 9 - 47 entries
Te Puke - June 23 - 48 entries
Whakatane - July 21 - 48 entries
Putaruru - August 4 - 43 entries
BOP Junior Open @ Te Puke - August 24-25 - 76 entries
Mount Maunganui - September 1 - 50 entries
Devoy Squash & Fitness - September 22 - 66 entries
Final Series Placings:
1st Nuvraan Kaur (Devoy)
2nd Payton Korewha (Devoy)
3rd Jayden Valois (Devoy)
4th Cooper Ennis (Mount)
5th Kendall Young (Katikati)