The Bay of Plenty Junior 900 Series is a group of 9 tournaments played in one day at various clubs around the Bay. It’s a great way to introduce new players to competition, give established juniors regular matches, and instill the values and expectations on our new players.
The constant feedback we get around Junior 900 events is that the kids love them because they can play in a non-intimidating environment, and parents love them because they are all done in one day! It is about growing our game and providing a great vehicle for our kids to ‘get the bug’. Kids will not be charged an entry fee for the series.
2019 Series Details:
The HEAD Junior 900 Series 2019 starts in April, with the first event being hosted by Taupo. Please ensure you enter early to avoid disappointment.
- Open to Junior players 900 points & below as at 1 April 2019
- Mixed Draws (separate girls draws where possible)
- Entry fee for each event $10. No entry fee for series
- Players will be given points for entering and winning matches.
- A leaderboard will be kept by Squash BOP, and the top kids at the end of the series will be given prizes based on their best 5 results
- At the end of each event the host club will nominate two players who have demonstrated good behaviour both on and off the court for the ‘Best & Fairest’. At the end of the series $100 coaching scholarships will be drawn from all the nominees
Tournament entered 10 points
Match won 1 point
Division won 2 points
2018 Series Report
The very popular Junior One day Series saw the introduction of a new sponsor in 2018, HEAD. Again this year, solid entries across all 8 events showed that the series continues to provide an awesome entry-level experience for our juniors.
Special thanks must go to the tireless volunteers from all the host clubs who
ran the tournaments and gave the kids such a great start in our sport.
Putaruru May 13 38 entries
Edgecumbe May 27 46 entries
Geyser June 17 54 entries
Mount Maunganui July 1 52 entries
Te Puke July 22 52 entries
Whakatane August 5 45 entries
Katikati September 2 30 entries
Devoy Squash & Fitness October 14 64 entries
At each event the kids are given points for attendance and performance. The top kids at the end of the series are awarded amazing HEAD prizes based on their best 5 events. This year the series was topped by Hope Kennerley, who racked up an impressive 71 points over her 5 best events.
In addition, at each event two kids are chosen as 'Best & Fairest'. Those nominated kids all go into the draw to win a $100 coaching scholarship provided by Squash BOP. The name drawn out this year was Kendall Young (Katikati)
We now look forward to next year's series which kicks off in April.
Final Series Placings:
1st Hope Kennerley (Devoy)
2nd Liam Merson (Mount)
3rd Jayden Valois (Devoy)
4th = Ella Hill (Devoy)
4th = Toby Elsom (Devoy)