Current General Manager Marcus Niles has resigned after nearly nine years in the role, so applications are now being sought from suitable candidates to fill the vacant position. Details of the opportunity are below.
Want a new career you can boast about?
• Permanent, full-time role
• Located in the stunning Bay of Plenty
• Flexible working arrangements
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Squash Bay of Plenty team as Kaiwhakahaere | General Manager. This is a permanent role, working 40 hours per week, based out of the Sport Bay of Plenty office in Tauranga.
The role’s purpose is to increase the participation and performance of people playing squash in our region. The primary focus of the role is to provide professional, friendly, and helpful management support to member clubs and players across our region.
About the role / Ngā āhuatanga o te tūranga
There is plenty of variety in this role, including:
• Leading the establishment of, and maintaining strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Overseeing, coordinating and implementing the annual competition schedule.
• Assisting with the delivery of Squash New Zealand initiatives in the Bay of Plenty, while ensuring that the initiatives meet the needs of the community.
• Collaborate with other Districts and Squash New Zealand to grow capability within the Bay of Plenty club network and throughout New Zealand.
• Work with the District Coaching Director to increase and develop coaches and referees.
• Support and build capability within our District clubs to apply to funders and modernise their facilities.
• Manage the day to day administrative and financial requirements of the District
Skills and experience / Ngā pūmanawa
Along with a passion for the game of squash, you will have:
• A relevant tertiary education qualification or a minimum of three years’ experience and involvement in the sporting sector.
• A proven know-how for event and financial management.
• A knack for coming up with innovative ideas.
• A confident manner, with the ability to work autonomously, and communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences.
• The ability to build and maintain relationships with a range of stakeholders – in particular, the Squash Bay of Plenty board.
• Well-developed facilitation skills with the ability to resolve conflict situations.
• Excellent time management and planning skills.
About us / Mō mātou
We represent, advance, promote and advocate for squash, with an aim of increasing participation and performance of people playing squash in our region. Our motto is: Have fun, Keep fit, Play Squash.
You will be reporting directly to the Squash Bay of Plenty Chairperson and working with a highly motivated and experienced Coaching Director who enjoys making a difference to their squash community and collaborating with our stakeholders throughout the region. The Squash Bay of Plenty Board operates with a strong ‘can do’ approach and we pride ourselves on being one of the most progressive District Boards in the country.
Highlights of working at Squash Bay of Plenty include:
• Varied and challenging work that makes a real impact on the squash community.
• Opportunity for growth, learning, and development.
• Flexible working arrangements.
• We play a vital role in shaping the game for the future.
• Includes a personal Squash sponsorship (reviewed annually)
The salary will be in the range of $55,000 to $65,000, although will be up for negotiation with the successful applicant.
How to Apply
Submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A copy of the Job Description is available on request.
If you have any role specific questions, you’re welcome to contact Kelly Cox on 027 227 9525 for a confidential discussion.
NB: To apply for this job, you must have the legal right to be able to work in New Zealand and also hold a current and valid driver’s licence.
Applications close 5pm, Monday 25 October 2021 and will only be accepted via the email above.